Removing render

Sponsored Links
I've been using and SDS hammer drill with rotor stop and a scutching chisel. The top coat has been coming off pretty easily, the scratch coat is tougher to do without damaging the bricks. You can pick up a reasonable SDS pretty cheaply if you don't have one. It'll make a lot of diy jobs easier.

I have got a macalister SDS rotary and breaker from Mr "B" and Mr "Q" (I think they are called "pro-line" now) but the are cheap and are good work horses and when they burn out (They last quite a while aswell) just chuck 'em and get a new one,Also I use their pro-line 18volt drills and they are good value aswell.... ;)

Sponsored Links
I have an SDS drill, is there a special drill bit I can get for removing it?

You may have an sds drill but is it just a drill or have you got a lever on it that stops the drill rotating and enables a bolster to be fitted into the chuck and just hammers instead of rotating. If not you haven't got a rotary?hammer drill... ;)By the way these are not ordanary size "sds" fittings they are an "sds" fitting but a lot larger...

If you only need it for one job then I'd hire a kango from hire shop we hired a small makita kango the joys of hire gear if it brakes you can take it back

Ok thanks guys, good idea to rent it out, will have a look it see if my dewalt SDS can do it before though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back