Removing scratches from stainless steel cooker hood?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All,

Can anybody help? :confused:

Just bought an 'brushed' stainless steel cooker hood thats in need of some scratch removal. There are some scuffs on the front panel and a number of smaller deeper scratches to the sides.

I have been told to use a fine grade scotch brite pad and rub in the same way as the grain/finish?

Does anybody know if this is the best way, if so what grade pad or sand paper do I need? Or is there any other way I could go about it?

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not sure about the brillopad method, especially if the scratches are in the same direction as the finish...

With the scuffs, first thing to try is rubbing babyoil into the steel. The hood, not yourself :LOL: Seriously, this is what is used to keep a nice finish on SS. It may help disguise the scuffs if you keep it well-oiled, and if it doesn't work then you haven't damaged it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back