Removing screws with ruined screw heads or no head

Sponsored Links
Drill put hole so the extractor fits tightly then put in reverse I guess

I assume you mean 'pilot' hole. Yes, try to make the pilot hole the diameter of 1/3 of the diameter of the extractor from the tip. This will enable the extractor to go at least 1/3 of it's working length to enter the pilot hole and begin to grip. Use your drill in reverse SLOWLY to allow the extractor to bite. Be prepared for a little kick back before it begins to undo the screw.

Not with mine no, you use one end of the bit to prepare a suitable hole for the extractor end. Drill is in reverse for both operations.

U drill the hole out in the beginning in reverse? (With metal bit.)

Sponsored Links
The last time we heard from you, you were playing with the electrics on your immersion and never came back to us. I thought it had got the better of you.

Anyway they would have put it down to Covid anyway.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Not with mine no, you use one end of the bit to prepare a suitable hole for the extractor end. Drill is in reverse for both operations.

If you use a standard drill bit in reverse you will get nowhere. Drill bits cut when run in a clockwise direction only. Engineers sometimes run them in reverse to mark a drill position relative to the intended drilling position. Running it in reverse will allow them to re-position if it is slightly off mark. It certainly won't drill a hole in reverse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back