removing sealant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of things:
1/ The sealant round the bath has mould on it and I have tried spraying it with a bleach based solution but it's not going. I guess I'm going to have to cut the sealant out? Is there a best way of going about this so as to get all the selant off?

2/ The toilet has a bad selant job on it where a previous owner tried to seal up the gap between the cistern and bowl instead of just replacing the doughnut washer. Is there a way to celan this all off ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
DrGonzo said:
I guess I'm going to have to cut the sealant out? Is there a best way of going about this so as to get all the selant off?
A Stanley knife blade with a bit of elbow grease and a lot of patience.

2/ The toilet has a bad selant job on it where a previous owner tried to seal up the gap between the cistern and bowl instead of just replacing the doughnut washer. Is there a way to celan this all off ?
If it's sealing a leak then you'll need to remove the cistern and make good the joint, probably with a new doughnut. As above, use a Stanley knife blade to remove the old sealant.

You will have seen "sealant remover" - only works on very thin layers unfortunately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back