Sealing a crack in toilet cistern

I relined the whole inside of a leaking plastic cistern with glass fibre mat and resin, that was still leak free after two years when I took it out, that was also blue and still in the shed if its the same shade of blue your welcome to it
Edit.
making template to cut glass fibre ,crack is around 4 o clock from the flush outlet hole

5905A7CC-CE18-42F9-AA7E-9228BE45C302.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I relined the whole inside of a leaking plastic cistern with glass fibre mat and resin, that was still leak free after two years when I took it out, that was also blue and still in the shed if its the same shade of blue your welcome to it
Edit.
making template to cut glass fibre ,crack is around 4 o clock from the flush outlet hole

View attachment 208725
I think the colour of your cistern is slightly different to that of mine. If we didn't live so far apart (approx. 280 miles) I'd perhaps collect it and see how close a match it was, but the distance rules that out really. Anyway, thanks again for the offer.

I'd welcome any advice on this. Thanks.
If you keep pratting about with sealants you will have your house flooded,which,without insurance will seriously test your sense of humour and spoil your day.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately we get an awful lot of people that simply wouldn't have a clue nor would know to look it up, so apologies for the stereotypical response (y)

Unfortunately we get an awful lot of people that simply wouldn't have a clue nor would know to look it up, so apologies for the stereotypical response (y)
No worries mate, you were only being helpful. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back