Cistern Connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

Having a slight issue with the pipe leading from my cistern to the toilet bowl. This was previously leaking at the point where the pipe goes to the toilet bowl and is fitted with like a large rubber see through grommet.

Anyway, I bought a new pipe and grommet and have fitted this as tightly as possible i.e. as tight as the rubber grommet will go in to the back of the toilet bowl. Unfortunately, it is still leaking albeit better than before.

Anyone got any ideas ? does the grommet need to be siliconed to the toilet bowl ?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
you sure it isn't weeping from the base of the cistern and running down?? Just check this. Also, you can silcone in but as serco says it should seal on it's own. Is the flush pipe cut to the correct length?? Maybe it is entering the back at an angle or you haven'y pushed it in far enough. Check again

Sponsored Links
This might sound silly but try pulling the pipe out slightly. It might be pushed in too far . Sometimes this causes the water to hit the inside of the toilet and bounce backwards resulting in a leak. Its worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back