Removing Self-adhesive Vynyl Tile Adhesive

S

Shutpa

Have just spent the morning removing self-adhesive vynyl tiles from the bathroom floor, prior to having it tiled with ceramics. Problem is that there is a layer of very sticky adhesive still on the floor and I'm finding it very difficult to remove. Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Horrible things and work of the devil

You need a Hot air gun to gently heat these up so it will loosen the adhesive on the back ,they they will peel off

:D :D Works everytime , without it a total nightmare

Sponsored Links
Horrible things and work of the devil

You need a Hot air gun to gently heat these up so it will loosen the adhesive on the back ,they they will peel off

:D :D Works everytime , without it a total nightmare

Thanks for your input. The tiles were already off but it was the residue of adhesive left on the floor that was the real problem. However, went to B & Q who advised that there was only one product that might work. Almost bought it when I spotted Sticky Stuff remover on the shelf and thought that it looked promising, so bought that instead. Tried it on a small area, left it for 10 minutes (instructions say 5 - 7 mins) and it worked a treat. :D :D

The above advice to use paraffin is a dangerous suggestion.

Paraffin fumes in an enclosed space is an invisible bomb waiting for a light switch to go on, or a match to be lit, and the whole room will flash over with an intense flame.

I was told of a tiler who ran from a white cleaning spirit soaked bathroom, his hair,face and clothes on fire. An arcing fan had provided the spark.

Breathing paraffin fumes is the equivalent of breathing petrol fumes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back