Removing shower waste fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
The aluminium plastic cover keeps coming off as one of the plastic plugs on the shower base has snapped off. I would like to remove the base which is clamped onto the shower tray.
Please see photo. Does anyone know how I can get it off, I presume it unscrews anti clockwise
but I don't see anything to grip, other than the top which I think will break the plastic pegs.

thanks
IMG_6876.JPG

Sponsored Links
Try removing those two screws.....there's a good chance that sealant is holding the thing together too.
John :)

Hi Thanks for the info. I've now managed to prise it off with the added bonus of nothing broken !
Now off to the shops for a replacement, thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I've managed to undo my shower waste replace the top cover where the silver cap clips onto as one of the tabs is broken. (I cannot get access to anything under the shower tray) I have had to put it back together
still with a broken tab.

I've been to 3 plumbers merchants but no one can identify it or anything like it.

Can anyone help to identify the make. The silver cover keeps coming off due to one of the tabs bring broken. The middle pulls out revealing the inner ring which is screwed in. I really just need to replace the outer ring which the silver cover clips onto.

Any help much appreciated.
Mike

Attachments

• showerwaste.jpg
    showerwaste.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 183

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back