removing skirting boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does any one know of a good way to remove skirtings which are nailed through plasterboard into blocks.I have removed a small section but this causes damage to the plasterwork.The reason for removal is to install laminate flooring - is there a router which could remove the bottom12mm of the skirting without it being removed?

Sponsored Links
I am levering from the end of the skirting to prevent damage to the plasterwork above.Its nailed with 80mm nails which are solid into the blocks.I just had a vision that someone "must" have invented a tool to remove the bottom edge of the boards without having to remove them.

Use a board against the plasterboard (an old bit of featheredge is good) you can now disperse the force that you will be using so you don't pop holes in the plasterwork. You can also drive some hefty screws (12 guage) into the skirting and then using a claw hammer or wrecking bar get some purchase on the boards that way. If you are just getting the skirting off a little way put some timber wedges in and use a hacksaw blade to cut the nails.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I like the 12 gauge screw idea,Ill deff try that

Mafell is a german tool company and they do a circula saw that when you lay it on it's side will cut 100 mm up from the floo level. It's specifically designed for this purpose and is a tool that is simply amazing to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back