Removing stubborn floor tile adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am removing ceramic floor tiles from my ex-local authority flat. Even though I'm on the 6th floor, the floor and ceiling are cement.

After getting the tiles off, removing the tile adhesive has been exhausting (not to mention my neighbors hate my banging the floor).

I still have the bathroom to do and I don't think I can take much more chiselling.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I've been chipping away at this stuff and it takes ages. My neighbors are gonna lynch me if I have another day of hammer and chisel to get this stuff off of the floor.

Any suggestions?

What flooring are you going to re lay...Why not leave it as it is..level it off..yes floor will be a few mm higher..But you wont get thumped. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If however you want to lay laminate or similar then, sorry, there's only one way, the way you're doing it. I sympathise 'cos I had to do our kitchen 12' x 12' last summer, took ages but fortunately no neighbours to worry about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back