removing tile adhsive from tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys..ive removed tiles from the batroom....they came off ok, but have tile adhesive stuck on the back of them whats the best way to get the adhesive off as i cant source any of those tiles and have to use the old ones again ?...ive tried soaking them in water but adhesive wont come off..ta

Sponsored Links
Use a wallpaper steamer, I put the tiles in a plastic box, put the steamer outlet into the box and shut the lid, leave for a while and the adhesive will scrape off easily.

worth a try ive got a paper steamer and a plastic storage box...how long you leave them in the box with the steamer on ?..

Depends on the adhesive, just give it a go and see, maybe try 5-10 mins at first. Some tiles may need the steam jet focussed more directly on the back of them than others.

Just watch your hands as the tiles can become quite hot!

Sponsored Links
How long did you leave them soaking in water?
Works every time for me. You need at least 24 hours left soaking !!!!

How long did you leave them soaking in water?
Works every time for me. You need at least 24 hours left soaking !!!!

lol yeah about that long..adhesive simply slid off...however managed to source the same tiles from elsewhere as well..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back