Removing wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope to remove a wall between two rooms in a 1983 extension to my 1930s bungalow in Glasgow, Scotland. The extension is brick built cavity wall, the dividing wall is brick single skin, the rooms are 3.5m x 3.2m, and 2.7m x 3.2m, so the resulting single room will be about 5.2m x 3.2m. The roof of the extension is a flat roof which was resurfaced in Seamless Roofing glass fibre 16 years ago. I wonder if I should be expecting to need a steel joist to support the roof where the wall is removed? The ceiling void will not be accessible until the existing ceiling is broken through, but from memory, I think the ceiling joists run in the same direction as the dividing wall, between the original bungalow external wall (now internal) and the back elevation wall of the extension.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back