Bungalow Rear Extension Ceiling Joist Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently building a rear extension on a bungalow. In previous builds I have rested ceiling joists on wall plate, however I have discovered the wall plate is far too high on this property and would result in a very high odd looking extension due to the existing hip roof.

What are my options to met regs?

Can I fix 8x2 horizontal along facing brick and hang joists from hangers? I have done this before on a house extension, pitched roof, but never a bungalow. I am concerned I would only be fixing to the top of the existing wall.

Sponsored Links
Would your plan for different height ceilings look even odder?

Normally a competent designer would design ceilings to be level and design eaves not to look odd.

Otherwise, hangers it is.

Hi. Thank you for the quick response. Yes I agree Ive run into a few issues on this build, however I think this one looked ok on paper, but in reality just doesn't work.

I am happy to get it done with hangers just wanted to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back