Removing water vapour?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best method of removing water vapour as i need to get air that is 97% dry?

Any ideas welcome thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Would a dehumidifier work as its not 'air' that i need to remove water vapor from its mildy acidic flue gases?

Sponsored Links
very wise of you not to tell us what you are doing and what you actually need.

that approach is guaranteed to get you the best help :rolleyes:

This is a homework question from your college course, isn't it?

ye i now i should have really said but wanted ideas straight away.

HA no its not i question for my collage home work but admittedly i am an apprentice and this is a task i have been given for my NVQ.

I have tried using calcium chloride to remove the water vapour but this method needed to much maintainance so then i tried using a plate heat exchanger and having cold water going through one side and the gasses going through the other hoping to condence the water out but it just wasn't cold enough. after this i used a peltier module to cool down a Coil (5 degrees C) and run the gases through this but this is only 78% efficient so now i am stuck for ideas.

How much would a dehumidifier be bearing in mind i would only need a small one.

thanks Diyisfun

how small?

You really aren't giving ANY information

Is it a gas fire where you want to keep the flue dry to save the expense of fitting a liner?

Or a condensing gas boiler where the plume is a nuisance?

Or the exhaust of a car?

Or a coke-burning furnace?

Or a crematorium?

Or a fossil-fuel power station?

Or a flueless gas heater in a boat?

Or a potters kiln?

Or a foundry?

Or fumes from welding equipment?

would this one do?

00000104.jpg

Sorry.

lol no i am only pumping 5 L/M

and it is the flue gases from a gas boiler (condensing and convention)

De hums are not taht dear, but to see if it will work you could hire one.

If you hire one make sure the company know it is for flue gas so they hire you a suitable one.

Other wise you may get a repair bill for the damage done by the corrosive condensate from the gases.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back