Removing Woodchip from Ceilings

FDB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The previous owner of my flat was excessive with the woodchip - most walls, and sadly every ceiling.
Anyone have any tips for removing this easily, without damaging the plaster underneath?. As far as I know, using a Steamer would be quite dangerous, as these are 11ft ceilings, and I do not want to dampen the plaster.

Sponsored Links
As with any tools, if not used correctly they are dangerous. Can't see why you shouldn't use a steamer???

Score the paper before you start, this will allow the steam to penetrate easier. Also, as the room fills with warm water vapour, the paper will begin to soften - also good for the complexion! :D

Agreed, but I am a bit wary that if using a steamer on the ceiling, the plaster would become Damp, and there being a chance of it collapsing.
Thanks for the advice on the woodchip removal though!!

Sponsored Links
If the plaster becomes damaged by steaming, the chances are it's dead anyway! Is it the end of the world if you have to get it skimmed???

Obviously, none of us like to spend money if you can help it tho!!!

Glad to help, good luck

mmj

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back