Renault Clio 1.2 2003 Toxic fume warning light

id be interested to know how many of these problems with the warning lights are on cars that never do motorway journeys etc.
try a good 30 minute drive at a constant 65 mph and see if it helps

Sponsored Links
My 52 plate clio expression had the same electrcail fault light come on and the car went into "limp" mode (wouldn't go faster than 20mph). Had the fault code read at a local garage - diagnosed new accelator pedal required. Had it fitted at a cost of £80 (incl part) and car running like new again Its only done 38000miles so I was surprised by the fault. Hope this is of help to someone. Was so pleased it only cost this much after reading some of the other posts.

Its now 11/1/13 and the same old problem is back. Toxic fume warning light and electrical fault warning light on and car drives in "limp" mode Car going into the garge tomorrow to see what further can be done. If anyone has actually solved these problems - can they post the answer please - so fed up!
12/1/13 Same fault code recorded as before - accelerator pedal sensor. Independent garage thinks its an electrical fault. Will have it looked at in Feb - can't be without a car until then. By the way I only drive short distances (12 city miles a day approx). Will update this post once I have the car sorted - if ever.

29/4/13
Had an electrical test done on car in Feb - no fault found with wiring but the chap did remove the black coverand the car has been running smoothly since with no fault lights. Problem seems to have been solved fingers crossed.

28/6/13
No problems at all since that cover was removed - problem solved.

I know a lot these are old posts , but it may help someone at some time , and I have used lots of info off here , I will try to help back.
A very common fault causing various intermittent problems is having incorrect spark plugs fitted.
I have repaired lots of these by just putting in the correct genuine spark plugs . sounds strange , but it does happen. Also the throttle body can get fouled up , and good clean can transform the car.
Water is another common , getting into the engine bay fuse relay box.
These checks are a cheap way for trying to fix your car before taking to a garage , (cost of spark plugs and tin of cleaner), although I would I always recommend finding someone who has been recommended and can at least read any fault codes first , ideally with the manufacture diagnostic tool as aftermarket ones will not always show up any stored or permanent faults.
I hope this will help someone

Sponsored Links
Back