Renault Clio 172 Sport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a Renault Sport 172 2002. Over the years I’ve had many high performance cars including Sierra cosworth, XR4, Golf GTI, Audi Sport, XR3i, XR2i, BMW 325i, BMW535i.

I have to say the Reno Clio 172 Sport is unbelievable, the acceleration,
the road holding is second to none; I wish I had bought one a long time ago.
Next year I might go for the 182. Your verdict on this car.
:D

Sponsored Links
I knew a guy who had a 172, he wrote it off.

And then he bought another one. :LOL:

So it must have been a pretty decent car if he would buy a second one so soon!

I read recently that over 50% of all Renaultsport cars are sold in the UK, which means the new ones are designed primarily for British tastes. So it stansd to reason that the 182 is even better on our roads.

I don't think anything that equals it is available in that price bracket. However, for a few thousand more you could get a VXR Astra... 240bhp through the front wheels, nice! :LOL:

Why do so many people buy French cars? Generally they are c**p and ugly. Renault Megane, looks like it's already been in an accident.
Remember the French blockading the channel ports preventing British goods from entering their country? Or burning British lamb in the road, banning British beef in the shops, setting up road blocks - never on the German border, though, building a refugee detention centre conveniently close to the channel tunnel rail link (Sangat) etc. etc. :mad: :mad: :mad:
And of course, they never had BSE, just a few cows with brain tumours, apparently :!:

Sponsored Links
They used to be good value for money, you would get quite a bit of car. But now they seem to be a bit too expensive for themselves.

I think the Clio 182 (whilst I wouldn't have one) is very good value for the money. However the sporty Megane (is it Megane 225?) is a rip-off. Which is why you don't see (m)any of them!

The 206CC has done quite well because it was the first hard-top convertible that was affordable by people who aren't particularly well-off. Again, I wouldn't have one and would sooner go for a proper sportscar. I've heard it referred to as a "MILF-float" due to the age of woman usually seen driving one. :LOL:

However, I would rather have a 206CC than a StreetKA. Everytime I see a man driving a convertible Ford Ka I can't help but wonder if it's his mum's. And only ONCE have I seen a man driving one with the roof down... obviously most don't want to be seen :LOL:

Back