renault clio dynamique

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a renault clio diesel 1.5 2-3 months ago. It came with a new mot certificate. Since buying I have already replaced a wheel bearing. It needa another one doing. However I have now found out after hearing some horrible noises from the front wheels that it desperately needs 2 constant velocity joints, 2 drive shafts and also drop link joints.
Ive been quoted 350 for it to be done.
Should this car have passed an mot considering all of these repairs needed within a few month or do you think it's a duff mot?

Sponsored Links
The wheel bearings can make dreadful noises without showing any noticable play at all....on the Clio, expect to renew them every 70,000 miles.
The CV joints will pass the MOT so long as the rubber boots (or at least the outer ones) aren't split or leaking too much grease......however, if noise is heard during the braking test then an advisory note will be made.
The same applies to the drop links really - although they aren't essentially tested, now they come under the jurisdiction of all suspension swivel parts. The chances are they would pass unless thier rubber boots have rotted away.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back