renault kangoo van ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
battery died on my van due to cold weather, now after jump starting it i have no wipers and the central locking has stopped working from my key fob,checked all fuses none blown,and also fob battery is showing 3 volts, was advised to leave battery disconnected for half an hour to reset computer but this didnt work.any ideas please.

thanks in advance

kev

Sponsored Links
When you junmp started it, how did you connect & disconnect the cables to the battery?

They should be connected in this order

working car + to dead car +
working car - to dead car -

They should be disconnected

dead car + to working car +
dead car - to working car -

(I know it's not dead once you have jumpstarted it but still..)

If not done in this order you can cause faults on the battery if any of the clips touch the car while it's half connected.

Do you still have the warranty on the battery, if so tell them its faulty, that it keeps dying and get a replacement.

hi john,
thanks for your reply,pretty much did it as you said, everything is ok on the van now however as in origonal post since the jump start i cant get the wipers working or the central locking,none of the fuses have blown,the central locking works from the little button near the gear lever but not from the key fob,the wipers are just dead, so am stuck on this really,i have a 300 mile trip next week and cant chance it without wipers so glad of any other ideas?

thanks in advance
kevin.

wipers are now fixed, but still no central locking with fob?

thanks for any/all help.

kev

Sponsored Links
anybody know where the reciever for the central locking is on the kangoo new battery on van today and also 1 in the fob, central locking still not working though

any help

thanks in advance

If you have replaced the key fob battery chances are it will need resyncing(sp?)

Prodcedure should be in your handbook if you have one

EDIT - Just found tis
CLIO II, KANGOO & MASTER RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds.
Note : the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed for the rest of the procedure and the immobiliser warning light should illuminate – not flash, illuminate.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check that the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

hi webmaster,
thankyou for your input,tried your method mate no good on this occasion i'm afraid,do you know where the sensor is for fob signal ?
thanks again for your help

kev.

Is the sensor near the rear view mirror?

Try pressing the lock/unlock button twice in step 4 above

[code:1]
Renault Kangoo Van Key Remote Control Programming

Kangoo Van INFRA RED RESYNCHRONISING

1. Turn the Ignition OFF.

2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.

3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.

4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors should lock and unlock. Repeat for other remotes as required.

5. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kangoo Van RF RESYNCHRONISING

1. Turn Ignition OFF.

2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.

3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.

4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.

5. Repeat for second remote if required.

6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors

[/code:1]

webmaster hi,
i was pressing and holding the button on the key fob for the 5 secs, doh!!! :oops: well it is monday ffs! hehe, anyways just been out and did it again and spot on mate, thanks very much jobs a good un. :oops:

cheers

kev.

ok chaps i have a new problem which has arisen today,
the van starts and runs ok but it keeps cutting out, it ran very low on diesel last week so i changed the fuel filter today thinking it had dragged some crap up from the tank,so got the van running and noticed quite alot of air bubbles in the fuel line going into the filter i bled it with the little squeezy pump thing near the filter but the air keeps coming through, the van has packed up a few times in traffic now and takes a good few goes to get it fired up again.

any help on this 1 please

thanks in advance

kev

hi all,
pretty much the van going ok now.........but :rolleyes: its now just stopping for nothing? it will tick over lovely for 5 or 7 or 10 mins then just stop dead, turn key off and on again and it starts 1st time runs for a while then stops again,no spluttering, missfire or juddering its as if i turn the key off and it stops dead. anyone had this or know what it might be please,
thanks in advance

kev.

From a funny post in the general section

untitled2.jpg

May be of help lol I don't know too much about cars.

Sponsored Links
Back