Renault megane 1.6 dynamiqe 03 not starting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

my wifes car has had a fault for a while, with it turning over for ages before finaly starting. last night it broke down on her, she said it wouldnt start.
when i arrived it started first time, i drove it home then tested it and it seemed fine.

This morning when she tried it its just clicking. would this be the starter motor? i tried rocking it in gear to move the starter but no joy. i couldnt even see it under the bonnet. iv red a few posts on here talking of the TDC sensor, could it be this?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
TDC sensor, also known as the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor, is for the ECU to determine when to fire the coilpack.
If the startermotor is just clicking when the key is turned, this points to a weak battery or a faulty startermotor.
Will it start with jump leads? if so, then suspect battery faulty.

Wotan

Tried the jump leads as you said and it started 1st time off my car, so will pick up a new battery.

was convinced it was the starter or worse. bloody renaults always something

cheers anyway

Sponsored Links
Tried the jump leads as you said and it started 1st time off my car, so will pick up a new battery.

was convinced it was the starter or worse. bloody renaults always something

cheers anyway

I bet that car is 10 yo, or close? I've known batteries to give very strange results around that age, that you wouldn't associate with a battery fail?

Back