Renault megane will not start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my sons Renault Megane on a W reg which is a 1400cc petrol will not start ,the Battery turns the engine over fine.
After reading your forum I have already took the TDC sensor off and cleaned the same also changed the coils but will still not fire up I have also tried a tow but she still would not have it.
Could you explain the emobilise red light on the dash by that I mean the sequence it goes through because what happens when he tries to start is as follows he presses the key to get in and the red light is flashing slowing just the same as it does when parked and locked then when he turns the ignition on and tries to start the light starts flashing faster and does not fire.
Please please help only he is on a low wage and cannot afford to take it to a garage .
Regards Mikesweeting :(

Sponsored Links
You would be better off asking at renaultforums .co.uk as they deal with them a lot more there.

I think its one of those things that Renault themselves know best, but from what I remember, once the remote has been plipped and you get in the car, you only have 10 sec to start up before the immobiliser cuts in again.
John :)

Try a new battery in the remote
If you speak to Renault or look on BBA website there is a way or entering the immobilizer code manually,
if that is the issue you can get it removed from the engine ecu

Sponsored Links
Try a new battery in the remote
If you speak to Renault or look on BBA website there is a way or entering the immobilizer code manually,
if that is the issue you can get it removed from the engine ecu

Beware that you can only enter the code manually a certain number of times. The remote packed up on our Megane (1996 model) and we just entered the code manually. This worked fine for about 3 months then it would start but only run for about 5 or 10 minutes.

Back