Renault Megane Coupe Exhaust problems!!!! Please help!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My girlfriend has got a Renault Megane Coupe 1.6 16v on a T plate. The Exhaust has always banged I think near the rear axel. It sounds very bad from inside the car!

The gearbox mount was worned so i replaced that and I've replace all the exhaust mounts and the clamp after the cat. I've shortend the mounting bracket off the exhaust to stop the banging but non of this works. Should i replace the engine mounts or are there any other solutions???

Please please help before I kill the car!!!!!!!! :evil:

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If it's banging near the rear axle, have you checked out the shocks and springs?

Cheers for the reply,

Shocks and springs are fine, the exhaust has alot of play in it even when the engine is off. I think i might make a new bracket for the middle of the exhaust near the cat.

I hate meganes!!!!!! :evil:

Sponsored Links
If the car has a pattern exhaust system fitted, you may never be too happy with it - but a reasonable tip is to double up on any of the rubber band mounts if you can. Why not run it into Kwikfit and let them sort it for you? Much easier on a ramp.....! Check out the metal heat shields too - notorious for coming loose. :)

I had the very same problem. I went today to get two new tyres on the car so I asked them to check the exhaust. The mounting bracket is gone in the gear box and the catylic convertor has disintigrated so the whole exhaust has to be replaced. the megane is only 4 years old it cost nothing to get checked but how he knew was where the catylic convertor is if you tap it it should be solid but mine was hollow and the bits are all along the exhaust if you give it a shake you can hear them.

I've sorted it now. Complete new back box and mounts fitted.

Looks like motosave has fitted the wrong back box.

Monkeys!!!!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back