Renault Scenic 2006 7 seater-Air con refill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i hope someone can help me.

i have a 2006 renault scenic (7 seater) and the aircon is not getting any cold. iu guess it needs a refill.

i not sure of the low pressure point to attach the hose and do the refill. i found 1 connector by water coolant(silver in colour. is the low point as its not marked.
am yet to but the gas refil and hose but decided to find the low pressure point first.

can someone please point me in the right direction and anything i should look out for. never done this before so any advice welcome.

thank you

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Are you using one of those DIY refill cans as sold by Halfords? They're not much good. Does your adaptor fit on the valve you've found? If it does then give it a go and see if it holds pressure

Have a look at Kwikfit or National online, see if they have any special offers. They have an automated machine which does a better job as it leak-tests, then vacuum sucks out the old gas and oil, which may be contaminated with moisture, then refills with clean. I'm told that the machine requires little skill from the operator and does a good job. I believe the extracted gas is sent off for purification and recycling, as it is quite expensive.

It nominally costs £50 or £60 but if you get it done outside the hot months you often get a deal.

With a DIY kit you will not be removing contaminants or giving a measured dose.

I've seen offers for aircon refilling at £40 or so. Little more than a can of Halfords rubbish

Sponsored Links
I don't usually touch kwik fit with a very long barge pole but they did an air con re charge on my car a few weeks ago for £49.99.
They did have an offer that if it does not make the air con cooler then you don't pay, worth checking this out.

Back