RENDER ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've recently moved into a new build property and the front of our house has been rendered by a company called Webber. The finish on the render looks really lumpy and I'm not convinced that's how it's supposed to be - the construction manager for the site has said this is the normal finish and will always be the same (even if re-rendered) is this true? I need some independent opinions if anyone can help?

I've attached pictures, any feedback is welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4420.jpg
    IMG_4420.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 168
Sponsored Links
take some photos in daylight please.
what type of render was used?
what about the other houses in the road or site - what does their rendering look like?
is that a cable dropping down or a movement/expansion joint?

Thanks for the reply

Will upload a daylight photo later, might not be the best as its overcast and raining

Hard to tell if the other houses are the same as you can't see the lumps in daylight and a lot of houses haven't got these lights which really expose it at night - spoke with a neighbour who's got the same style house and he said his isn't lumpy at all when he shines a light on it.

Not sure what type of render they've used to be honest I'll email the site and ask

The line is the expansion joint

Thanks again!

Hi Liam.. Any joy with the rendering. That looks shocking to me. Been nosing around on some recent jobs near me as i want my house doing and haven't seen anything that lumpy. With a guess i'd say that was machine applied and the mix wasn't quite right. Get a straight piece of 3 x 2 and offer upto the wall and see.

Sponsored Links
Monocouche shouldn't look like that - how could it get like that?
Maybe it was boarded with the wrong type of board?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back