render slumping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
render slumped in the bottom of the wall, used water proofer could i have used to much kept falling off ! how much would i need to use for a barrow load ie cap fulls.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably, the reason your render slumped was because the mortar wasn't mixed/worked properly. It's too heavy. It needs to be aerated to make it light and workable, "buttery". A plasticiser/waterproofer would do this, but it needs to be well worked, especially when mixing with a shovel. Also, don't overload the render coat that you put on the wall. Put a coat on and if it needs to be built out more, then scratch it, and put more on after it has set....... Waterproofer needs to measured/added to a mix accurately. You can't just guess it, unless you've got some idea of what you're doing.

Roughcaster.

thanks for the comments! could you please tell me if it would be better to add some lime to the mix instead,plus why do they use it in the mix anyway?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back