Render volumes for 2.7sqm walls

Thanks!

Bought one of those back pack garden spray bottles you pump up when I started...works pretty well withhout covering too much else...but does take a little while...those walls are thirsty!!

Sponsored Links
Well...juast stepped off my pedestal!

In daylight and starting to dry it looks nowhere near as good as it did the other night :evil: several little imperfections

Not the end of the world as it's only a cupboard (albeit a big one) but will have to try much harder next time...

I think I know where I went wrong (not troweling it enough when still pliable) so will give it more attention sooner...and not polishing it evenly enough

My brother in law says I;m my biggest critic, which is probably true, but that doesn't make it any easier when I'm the plasterer for a week but the 'customer' forever!

Well...juast stepped off my pedestal!

In daylight and starting to dry it looks nowhere near as good as it did the other night :evil: several little imperfections

Not the end of the world as it's only a cupboard (albeit a big one) but will have to try much harder next time...

I think I know where I went wrong (not troweling it enough when still pliable) so will give it more attention sooner...and not polishing it evenly enough

My brother in law says I;m my biggest critic, which is probably true, but that doesn't make it any easier when I'm the plasterer for a week but the 'customer' forever!
well you could make it good with a bit of easifill or joint cement i wouldent over do the troweling if i were you , why dont you upload some pics of the cupboard?

Sorry to have gone quiet...been side tracked with other stuff and forgot where I Was post wise...will post some pics up today...so you can have a laugh...

Sponsored Links

Once it dries, get your wash coat on.
Will give you a good idea of what the finished wall would look like painted. Some imperfections don't show. After wash coat, can still use easy fill etc and sand before final painting.

Thought your rendering looked good.

so here's the original wall...have highlighted a few of the issues..also the wall is really not that flat, though I know where that went wrong. Hardwall undercoat was not as flat as it should have been (rushed it) and tried to out the skim on too thick.

8896283232_e1493b1d14_b.jpg

here's the new wall from today. much thinner skim first and second coat and so went on much flatter. Seems to me so far quite smooth...

8895647603_7b0f489c53_b.jpg

here's more of the wall...

8896255064_496011eeee_b.jpg

here's the corner closer up...

8896265630_53dba3077e_b.jpg

here's the top of the wall...

8895628761_28c50cfa0e_b.jpg

the patch to the left of the wooden batten on the wall looks rippled to me..think it's actually rippled as well,not just teh colour of the plaster as it sometimes goes. Will know for sure tomorrow when I can touch it better.

Will chuck a mist coat up and see what it looks like then.

Still think I;m spending too long trying to get it right before covering the whole wall...probably need to worry less about the initial finish and get the wall covered then work it in to a flat finish then smooth it, then polish it...

does that sound right?

cheers,
Virgil

ive had a better look but it still dont tell me much , its hard to see where you are going wrong just get it on the wall as flat as you can b4 you start troweling up and worrying about the finish , as you are laying it on just sweep up and down moving across the wall, get it all on and then let it pick up to flatten in if you have to, then give it 1 or 2 wet trowels "what ever it takes theres no set rule every wall is different" and then a hard trowel keep your blade wet all the time

thanks Steve...after a coat of paint I've gt to say it looks bloomin good. There's a couple of bits in the corner that are a little iffy but i didn't spend time on that as I knew it would be behind the water tank. Rest looks good, so confident now to try the rest :)

Thanks for the help over the lst few weeks/months...much appreciated!

thanks Steve...after a coat of paint I've gt to say it looks bloomin good. There's a couple of bits in the corner that are a little iffy but i didn't spend time on that as I knew it would be behind the water tank. Rest looks good, so confident now to try the rest :)

Thanks for the help over the lst few weeks/months...much appreciated!
np im glad its all looking good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back