Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
OK, just a back ground. I live in a purpose built flat. So the lease (Land thee building site on) belong to the flats, 4 in total. It been 10 years since the render was painted. Look a little run down and dirty. So i be given the go head by all the owners to seek quotes. Thou before i do i need to sort this Rendering issue. This is the only place we have the issue.
So this bit here just the bottom half for some reason the render is soaking wet. The above that peeled of few years ago the render is very dry. So i can't figure out why is the bottom half is soaking wet yet the top is dry. The brick wall at the bottom is also dry. Just the render that is soak.
This building was built in 2008. I used sandtex to paint this bit in 2017 and some water proofing solution before i painted as advise by a render at the time. thou that seem to failed as it all bubbling up again 5 years later. Inside the wall ok no damp issue. The guttering ok thou i will check when it next rains.
I know the bubbling is cause by water getting in but i trying to figure out how. Especial when the top half the rendering looks ok and dry.
I had a few people to come round, some says it the paint i used, some say then render no good and that the whole building need to be done, another said just let it dry and repaint it. One said he knock the bottom half and re do it which a lot off people has said no you can do render like that. the whole lot of that side need to come off. So no one giving straight answers and think they just want money. one wanted 5k to paint that side. We plan when enough funds in a few years to get this all rough rendered, till then we need to give it a lick of paint. But i do not want to get the building painted till we solve this.
I Attach some picture if you need others let me know. These paint are peeling off in big sheets.

Attachments

• 20230127_154519.jpg
    20230127_154519.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230127_154525.jpg
    20230127_154525.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230127_154534.jpg
    20230127_154534.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230127_154544.jpg
    20230127_154544.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back