Rendering a timber plywood build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

Im wondering if anyone can provide help on the best way to wet dash a new 18mm plywood build.

I know that I need a lath product, like Rendalath - but what should I use on top of that for my render?

I have had some tradesmen out to quote for the work and most were going with standard cement & chips, but one guy has recommended a polymer type system such as k-rend.

I dont know anything about k-rend and cant find out too much about it. Can anyone help with any information?

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
http://www.k-rend.co.uk/

The tech guys will help , give them a ring.

I've used weber , ke rend and lime sand render on to renderlath.

There are otehr systems too.

Ring the Kilwaughter people first and see what they advise. THey will of course try to sell their stuff, but you have to start somewhere.

You need the system to be weather proof, the timber to have air circulation and it has to be cater for different movement of timber and render

thanks for that - Ill give them a call and see what they say.

I know that it is a 3 coat system - i.e. base coat, dash receiver and then the textured finish.

I was really hoping to get some feedback from non-biased users of k-rend (or anything similar) and to find out how they used it

I know that it is a 3 coat system - i.e. base coat, dash receiver and then the textured finish.

I was really hoping to get some feedback from non-biased users of k-rend (or anything similar) and to find out how they used it
i drove past a spread last month looked like he was putting k rend on a sand and cement scratchcoat, i thought can he do that? curiosity got the better of me so i phoned Kilwaughter and asked them they said yes you can more and more people are doing that "BUT" if you do do that then we dont guarantee our product,
just thought i would mention this just in case there are people like me that dident know you could do that

Sponsored Links

i drove past a spread last month looked like he was putting k rend on a sand and cement scratchcoat, i thought can he do that? curiosity got the better of me so i phoned Kilwaughter and asked them they said yes you can more and more people are doing that "BUT" if you do do that then we dont guarantee our product,
just thought i would mention this just in case there are people like me that dident know you could do that

Not known any of em to back up a guarantee yet , they always blame it on a construction/design/build / applicator issue, never ever their fault or faulty product, but there are better systems out their and you may want to consider using a render carrier board rather than eml and using a high polymer base rend topped with what ever finish you wish, very flexible system and looks the the dogs, try these sites for more info
http://www.marmorit.co.uk/render-systems.php
http://www.parex.com/systems.shtml

Heres a system we did on a travelodge that was timber framed and clad in aquapanel, renderd in sm700 with fibreglass mesh then topped in silicone grade conni s, very flexible system
IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg
[/img]

he was probably using a prerend coat like hpx

Not known any of em to back up a guarantee yet , they always blame it on a construction/design/build / applicator issue, never ever their fault or faulty product, but there are better systems out their and you may want to consider using a render carrier board rather than eml and using a high polymer base rend topped with what ever finish you wish, very flexible system and looks the the dogs, try these sites for more info
http://www.marmorit.co.uk/render-systems.php
http://www.parex.com/systems.shtml[/QUOTE]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back