Rendering arround a window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Just had a new extension built and the exterior is rendered. There are three windows that have been poorly rendered around and no beading used. Hence the squareness of the rendering against the window frame looks like a dogs hind leg. When I approached the builder he said the windows had been put too far forward so he could not get the beading to fix in. A neighbour of mine said that is a bit of waffle. Well he said it more bluntly but you know what i mean. He said the beading can be easily cut down and held in with the muck used for rendering.
So, calling on all your experience I have two questions, firstly is my builder trying to fob me off? Secondly should he be able to remove the render arround the window, fit the beading and re-do the render?

Many thanks in advance
Steve.

Sponsored Links
If the windows are too far forward then you have other potential damp and condensation problems at the reveal too - and the installation will not conform to b/regs.

The "renderer" could have used stop-end beads rather than mess about cutting corner beads.

But there is no excuse for the windows or the render

Also make sure he has formed a proper bellcast above the opening

Thanks for that woody. The building inspector has passed the building already and the company who installed the windows were pretty reputable so hopefully what you said about damp and condensation will not be the case!!
I have spoken to the builder and he has said he will take the render off and put in the beeding you mentioned.

Thanks again for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back