Rendering/masonry around external window in Victorian house

22 Jun 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I hope this question makes sense, as i'm not sure of the right lingo... The surrounds/frames of the outside of my Victorian sash windows look like they have been rendered and then painted white. I have a new kitchen extension and want to create the same effect on a new sash window. Currently the surround of the window is bare brick. Could anyone advise me on what I use to copy the Victorian render/mortar/masonry surrounding the window frame? If I have to mix the concrete/sand myself what quantities do I use? Is there something ready-mixed I can buy? Do I need to apply some kind of pva or other sealant first? Once it is dry is it just a case of painting with masonry paint? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local