Rendering my bad-boy BBQ . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've created a monster! Got given 220 old bricks so have spent a couple of days building a simple BBQ . . . brick-layer I m not so she's a bit rough around the edges and currently fairly ugly to boot. My plan is to render the whole thing and stick mosaic tiles/shells etc into the final coat (that I'm planning to colour terracotta with cement dye).

I have read losts of previous posts I'm a bit confused as to a few things . .

1. whether I should PVA the brickwork, put PVA in my render mix, or not use PVA at all!

2. do I use lime, plasterciser - or both?

3. the correct cement / soft sand mix?

4. will I be able to stick bits of tile / shells etc into my final coat, or should I render then grout these on?

thanks for any advice!

cheers

Huey

Sponsored Links
Oh what have you done?????
Built a folly...???

find member kkhhoona on you tube and look at the alternatives. :D

Sponsored Links
there is a product called Decopierre, it not been in the UK very long but been around for 10+YEARS in France, USA etc: I have a brochure if you want it.... very nice stone effect, hand carved finish

thanks Mike - that stuff looks nice, but I think I'm going to go for my mosaic idea - free shells and left over tiles readily availalbe. any idea on the mix/ratio questions above? thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back