Rendering over stone window beams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I have just removed the stone effect cladding that was fixed over the stone beams above all my windows (external).

The beams have been scored with a cris cross pattern previously so the cladding could adhere to it.

I am just wondering if it is possible to render over this so i am left with a flat finish?

If so would i just need to do one coat of render or a few?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Hello everyone.

I have just removed the stone effect cladding that was fixed over the stone beams above all my windows (external).

The beams have been scored with a cris cross pattern previously so the cladding could adhere to it.

I am just wondering if it is possible to render over this so i am left with a flat finish?

If so would i just need to do one coat of render or a few?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

have you got a picture chris?

I will take one 2moro in the light and post it up!

ok, i probably wont be on till later as i have a kitchen to do but you might get a resonse from someone else. its always easier to give advice if you can see a picture with the description

Sponsored Links
If the criss cross's are quite deep and not full of muck I would give it a coat of sbr (dont water it down) let it pick up abit and put a tight coat on it (4-1)with w/proofer in it and give it a wavy line scratch and let it go off. When it is cured give it a wetting down build it out with a 5-1-1 mix to the thickness you want but dont make each coat more than 6-8mm... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back