Rendering using Isovit eCork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Has anyone used Isovit eCork to render external insulation (over wood fibre)?
I understand you need to do a layering of 3mm then add the mesh, then another 3mm. What is not clear to me is whether you let it fully dry between layers, or is it done in one go.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Has anyone used Isovit eCork to render external insulation (over wood fibre)?
I understand you need to do a layering of 3mm then add the mesh, then another 3mm. What is not clear to me is whether you let it fully dry between layers, or is it done in one go.

Thanks.
I used it as a bonding filler to stick wood fibre boards to the wall then lime hemp mortar in two coats with the mesh between. First 3mm coat press then mesh into it and second 3mm coat the same day. Are you talking external work here?

I got some exterior and some interior areas. I also used it as adhesive to stick the boards to the walls.
Ok, I suppose 6mm in one go wouldn't be a major problem in terms of cracks, etc. Specially given the mesh inside.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That is what I thought until I looked into the forecast last night. There seems to be some days ahead with temperatures above 5C. I might have a chance to render it once for all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back