rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE HELP can i still render in winter months and do i need to add any additives into my mix to protect from frost many thanks

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't chance it just now Dan, especially with this being the deepest part of the Winter. If it was an area outside that was "coverable", and protected from the frost, then maybe,,,, but if not,,, I would leave it for another couple of months "at least" if you can, even with an anti freezing additive in the mix....... It doesn't take much frost to ruin a job this time of year, and don't forget,,,, the surface you are going to render onto, has to be frost free as well.... There's not much chance of a guaranteed "above freezing" spell this time of year... Brrrrrr... ;)

Roughcaster.

sorry to be a pest would feb wintamix help i know some brickies who use this in the winter months and was told they nalso use car antifreeze in there mix

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan and a Happy New Year to You and Yours.
I can't say whether Feb Wintamix, on it's own,,,, or "car antifreeze" would work in external render coats in freezing weather... With brickies/builders, they are also able to protect and cover their work with hessian/polythene etc as they build, if it gets too cold outside, but it's not easy so covering up a rendered wall/walls. I personally wouldn't take a chance rendering at this time of year as I said,,, but others on here might offer different advice. Plastering/rendering, water based painting, etc,,, even "inside" an empty building, can all be ruined by extreme cold weather too, without using some form of heating/protection...

Roughcaster.

roughcaster your help has been fantastic and very helpful will take your advice and wait a while many thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back