rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new signed on today so bear with me i have a question i need to render a glazed brick wall do i need to specially prepare it before rendering if so how and with what? :?:

Sponsored Links
rend aid over the top stipple let it dry over 2/3 days
then render with ocr (weber)
its a pre blended pre baged render you just wisk it up like plaster.
its a one coat render rubed up just like sand & cement
this it your best way too do it or if you want it pre coulerd then use weber pral m over the rend aid.

if you want too use sand & cement then id say rake out the joint use a sbr slurry coat then 5:1:1 top coat.
5 plasterers sand 1 cement 1 lime with a dash of plastersizer in the mix
a lod of faffing about just for one wall m8
use weber m8 all you need is a wisk and clean buckets no cement mixer) lol
rend aid i think you get about 8m2 per bag and ocr/pral m about 1m2 too 1 half m2
how big is wall

the wall in question is a retaining wall 6ft in hight and 45ft in legnth, its a terrible eye sore that runs around the property so i thought that by rendering it it would enhance the appearance i will try your suggestions and will let you know the out come : :D :)

Sponsored Links
DSC000582-1.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00692-1.jpg

DSC000582.jpg

DSC00610-2.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

imagesCAUO22G7.jpg

DSC00447-1.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

there you go JR just for you m8

haha nice pics plstring do you always use a deviling float for scratch coat render??.
the pic of you drinking milk looks like youve spilt it all over yourself haha

if its pics you want i will send you before during and after , youll see just how bad it looks and you would i hope agree that rendering is the way ahead will take pics tomorrow and post them on the forum m8 let me know what you think :D

haha i had to go back and read the original post again couldnt for the life of me remember what it was about
yeah get a pic up and we will be able to tell you more

devil float or render comb m8 im starting too use a k rend scracher
on s/c after youv rubed up gives you a honey combe finish looks the nuts

sounds good mate wen you do the next bit like that take some more pics would lke to see how that comes out its always nice to work out other finishes you can give with the same materials other than the conventional way of doin things

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back