Renovation insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we are buying a house that needs renovating. We don't plan to live it in whilst the refurb is going on.

What do most people do about insurance in this situation? Do you insure them as unoccupied houses or insure them as a renovation project with the public liabilty etc?

The latter seems very expensive for a what equates to a 4 month period (in fact an outlay of 2.5% of our totla renovation budget).

my current household insurers won't cover it and we are in a hurry. We complete tomorrow and don't want to be uninsured...

Any advice greatly appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
Insure it purely as building only. If you have tradespersons doing the work they should have public liability esp plumbers who do hot work (I do as I am a plumber)
If you have a company /project manager running the site this should be noted in your contract.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back