Repainting Crazed emulsion on vinyl wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have been asked to decorate a customers staircase, the customer has previously painted over the existing vinyl wallpaper with normal emulsion , which has very badly crazed everywhere. I have recommended removing the wallpaper and lining it,then painting ,but they do not want to do this due to the cost.

Please could you advise if anybody has experience of using Zinsser wallpaper cover up paint, and if it would resolve the crazing issue and allow me to paint the staircase as normal afterwards.

Alternatively do you have any other product suggestions or alternative ways of resolving the crazing issue.

I was thinking of using your 123 primer as the bottom of the staircase is aubergine and they are wanting to go to a Mint colour.

Many Thanks in advance for any help given

Glenn

Sponsored Links
As the walls have already been painted, it will be of little use to use the Zinsser cover up. The Bullseye 123 or BIN might be the better option.

Hi Robbie , Thanks for the reply

spoke to Zinsser direct and they have said the Peel stop product may work , but they can't say for definite.

Think I'm gonna try the 123 in a small area under the stairs and see what happens .

Best regards

Glenn

Sponsored Links
The peel stop is really for when the paper edges are lifting when you start to paint it. as its already painted I cant see it doing anything different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back