repainting to sell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi newbie here!

I'm currently organising redecorating our house as we need to move somewhere bigger now we have a toddler.

Our colours are an estate agents' nightmare - bright, vivid colours. we don't do neutral! So we need to paint everything a boring colour. I was thinking white ceilings and magnolia walls.

Obviously we don't want to spend a lot of time or money doing the place up.

Can you recommend a brand of paint (that I can preferably buy online) that gives good coverage with no more than 2 coats, but isn't too expensive?

I am also concerned about fumes as our 1-y-o will be in the house (but in a different room) when the painting is done.

And finally - what's the best option for woodwork? I was thinking white again, but not this shiney gloss paint. What can I use that gives a finish similar t emulsion?

Sponsored Links
As your only 'freshening it up' id go for dulux supermatt or crown covermatt...its non vinyl but covers well and its fairly cheap.

For the woodwork you could go for acrylic satin or one coat satin...it doesnt work miracles but might do a job for you..

Adhesion to existing surfaces isnt brilliant so youl either have to rub down the existing paintwork or undercoat with acrylic first.

what i do is if ur just freshening a property up is buy a drum of white matt and a drum of magnolia leyland make not the best butt is cheap and decent enough to use, im not a lover on gloss its to in ur face i use a oil based eggshell its not flat butt it got a nice sheen to it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back