Repair care wood repair system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's going to cost £40 for the dry flex 4 resin system and £30 for the cartridge gun dual applicator.

Has anyone used these, and is the dry fix stabiliser (another £30) essential?

The repair is to build up a wooden garage door rail, with some rotted but removeable wood

Blup

Sponsored Links
The reviews that I have read about the £30 gun is that it flexes too much and doesn't dispense the correct ratio. The £50+ gun is much better.

I use the TimbaBuild epoxy system. It is much cheaper than the RepairCare system.

The gun is only £23. A tube of the equivalent of Dry Flex 4 is only £27. The epoxy "stabiliser" (hardener) is £13. £63 Vs £120...

https://www.sealantsonline.co.uk/Products/Timbabuild-wood-repair

I use the "stabiliser" but a friend of mine doesn't bother with it. To be fair, he is normally cutting more of the old wood away than I am.

If you live in London, you can buy the Timbabuild EWS "stabiliser" from Leyland SDM for a tenner (under their own SDM branding).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back