Repair DPC where services pass through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a product that I can use to repair/seal the DPM under a concrete slab where the drains and some electrical duct pass through it?

I know there's a weakness in a particular location as we had some localised flooding outisde due to heavy rain which then appeared inside. I'm looking for a 'one pot' type of product that's low enough viscosity that I can pour over the affected area and let it find it's way down/around the pipework and fill any voids rather than just sitting on top of the concrete in a big gooey lump.

I've heard expoxy mentioned a lot, but there's a million different products. Some suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
It's inevitably compromised because the services pass through, maybe some liquid rubberised bitumen brushed on?

Blup

OP,
Where did the water appear - only around the drains or from under the slab in general across the floor?
Why not post a pic?

OP,
Where did the water appear - only around the drains or from under the slab in general across the floor?
Why not post a pic?
There was a blocked rainwater gulley on other side of the wall, which I think added to the pressure under the slab. since the gulley has been cleared the area hasn't flooded and the inside is dry as a bone.

The water was pooling slightly deeper in a low spot towards the centre of the room. the fact that this relative 'high spot' was wet suggests it might have been the source.

Whilst I could say 'happy days' and just rock on, I'd rather take steps to avoid any water getting in should there be flooding outside again.

Attachments

• 20230114_092937.jpg
    20230114_092937.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
You have a rock and a hard place situation - the liquid bitumen (as above) or similar might work but water pressure from below will sometimes blow away expedient solutions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back