Repair or replace? Millenco 3 Hook 2 Anti-Lift Bolt 2 Roller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to buy/repair the following.

My handle turns 360 degrees and won't operate the door mechanism - can it be repaired or must I replace?

If so can anyone advise on the best place to buy from - i am Stoke area.

Millenco 3 Hook 2 Anti-Lift Bolt 2 Roller upvc Door Lock
Multipoint upvc Door Lock Specification:
Spindle to key: 117mm
Backset 35mm
Lever Lever or Lever Pad locking operation
3 hook
2 roller cam
2 anti lift bolts
1 centre latch
The mechanism can be handed LH or RH by removing the centre latch and turning it.
The face plate is 16mm wide in flat stainless steel, silver in colour.
Click here to view "Backset" and "Spindle to key" measurements
Centre of top spindle hole to centre of top hook gearbox: 616mm
Centre of top spindle hole to centre of bottom hook gearbox: 686mm

Sponsored Links
So, do I have to replace the whole locking mechanism? It is the part that the spindle goes through that's broken - door was sticking so guess it finally gave (lesson learned there!!)

Whats probably happened is you've sheared the square drive and its disintegrated into the gearbox OR something else has failed within, its usually caused by a porly fitting and closing door, probably very difficult to lift the handle in order to lock it, like you say it just finally gave up at the weakest point.

On some mechanisms the gearbox can be removed from the strip, just a small torx screw at each end of the gearbox, some are riveted on

Sponsored Links
If you get no joy there, try www.greenfoxsolutions.co.uk - they are spot on with sourcing and pricing and will next day to you for a tenner. Crank - have you used them? they're pro.

Never used Greenfox sorry, but to be fair i'm always happy to try different suppliers and play one off against the other price wise ;) , will add them to my list

I've been using DG Supplyline for years and more recently MDG Repairs (Miranda), all depends what area i'm in and how quick the insurance companies authorise the job so its nice to have decent suppliers dotted around

Never used Greenfox sorry, but to be fair i'm always happy to try different suppliers and play one off against the other price wise ;) , will add them to my list

I've been using DG Supplyline for years and more recently MDG Repairs (Miranda), all depends what area i'm in and how quick the insurance companies authorise the job so its nice to have decent suppliers dotted around[/quote]

Whooa you must cover a big area, we use to use and still have an account with dg but they seem pretty expensive. We also use wagner or vbh as they are now known again pretty expensive, we now use a london company but trying to get a reply from them in the last couple of weeks is a joke, but they are good on price. we will have to compare prices on a few things crank :) btw miranda are only 15 mins from me but we never used them

Whooa you must cover a big area, we use to use and still have an account with dg but they seem pretty expensive. We also use wagner or vbh as they are now known again pretty expensive, we now use a london company but trying to get a reply from them in the last couple of weeks is a joke, but they are good on price. we will have to compare prices on a few things crank :) btw miranda are only 15 mins from me but we never used them

When i started with the company they told me i would have the biggest area out of all the service engineers. It was meant to be from where i live in Derby right the way over to the east coast and then dowm to the M25 in a big block including Norfolk, my area has since grown west to cover Birmingham and even some parts of Wales, it has also gone north to cover Blackpool on the west side and up to York, Scarborough etc etc.

So its nice to have suppliers dotted around, if they're any good we'll set up an account, if not and can only help with one or two parts for a particular job then i'll pay with a company credit card that all the engineers are issued with.

So i assume you work for a big upvc co, or is it just insurance work?

The company i work for is part of a large group, we carry out work for insurance companies that sell policies to DG companies, so if you have a 10year insurance backed guarantee and the DG company go pop then we will come and judge or decide whether you have a claim or not.

Typical work involves broken hinges, handles, mechanisms, steamed up units right up to conservatory base subsidence including under pining and piling, roof leaks and everything else in between.

homeserve/evander

Ha ha not a chance although i did work for them in the early days when they were called Highway Glass and Locks, also worked for Solaglas-Windowcare which is their competitor but the less said about them the better as i signed a compromise agreement shortly before they paid me to leave ;) , both of those companies work is mainly claims on the buildings insurance usually after a break in, police raids or just plain old accidental damage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back