Repair patch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone used these in those hard to reach places? Any good?

596254_wm.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks feckin' useless to me. If your pipe is long enough, straight enough and clean enough to get one of those on, you can almost certainly get a slip coupler onto it. Only any good for pinhole-type leaks anyway - if you've had a burst it won't sit down on the pipe enough to work as the pipe will be deformed

Looks feckin' useless to me. If your pipe is long enough, straight enough and clean enough to get one of those on, you can almost certainly get a slip coupler onto it. Only any good for pinhole-type leaks anyway - if you've had a burst it won't sit down on the pipe enough to work as the pipe will be deformed

Can't say it's something I would normally think of using but I said that about the kibosh temp clips and I've used them a fair number of times now as an emergency late night fix till next day.

Just wondered if anyone had used them.

I made a similar thing once with a piece of pipe sawed in half lengthways, tinned both surfaces and as far as I know is still in place after 10 or so years, on mains pressure, it was only intended to be a temp repair!

Sponsored Links
Like the bit of inner tube and jubilee clip on my neighbours water main one Sunday approx 20 yrs ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back