Repair to exterior upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glazed upvc door that has a gap between the door and the frame of about 10mm at one end. It will only lock with the key and will not 'multi-lock' if that's the right phrase. I had someone out re the door and replacing hinges on the hopper window. I was told that they would remove the glass and then 'pack' the door. They sent me a quote of £211 to fix the windows and made no mention of the door. I have fixed the windows myself for a few quid but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to fix the door. the hinges seem fine but the whole door is obviously at an angle within the door frame. Is it easy enough to remove the glass (it's a full panel) and where would I need to pack the door?! Any advice would be appreciated as there is quite a draft coming through the gap!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back