Repairing a chipped door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All

I'm new here. I have a brand new Kloeber front door factory spray painted in RAL9005 and installed but my builders managed to knock it.

Any ideas on how to fix this or repair it without spraying whole door and frame.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4323.JPG
    IMG_4323.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_4324.JPG
    IMG_4324.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_4313.JPG
    IMG_4313.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 256
Sponsored Links
Repair with wood filler, sand and repaint(spray) the affected area, replace the Q-Lon aquamac gasket

Crank

Thanks for a swift response. I'm such a novice. If I just spray paint the effected area will it blend in. What paint is ideal for this? Is there a decorator that I can call upon to do this as I can manage a paintbrush and a tin of dulux but to spray paint im likely to cock it up.

Oh it'll never match properly but for certain you'll need the same ral colour and the same type of paint, you'll need this info from the manufacturers, a decorator could do it but they won't want to guess the paint, try posting this on the decorating section

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much. I'll give it a swirl with the decorating section.

Had much worse damage (gash) damaged by builder carrying out acro props,on our door and frame. Got in a car smart repair company,exact paint match,flawless filling, all done in an hour.
Its very difficult to find the location of the repair.
cost £80 which seems expensive but cheaper than a new door and frame,builder paid and was very impressed with the repair quality and how little it cost him ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys thanks so much. Really useful tips. I'll contact magic man in morning as scratch perfect are in Plymouth and I'm west London.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back