Repairing damaged areas and making good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 84720
I've plenty of areas like the above where the lime has broken or spalled away.

I've got a few things to use, gypsum bonding (used elsewhere with reasonable results), normal filler, or JOINT filler used for taping and filling..

So wondering what you guys would do here?

If I do lay in some bonding coat it will finish pretty much flush with the newly plastered parts, so will need sanding/stitching in but how will this look when I come to decorate ?

My question is I'm not sure how to approach this so how do I ?

Sponsored Links
You have a few options here fill with bonding leave it 2 mm short of surface then use skim or easifill, or you could use your joint filler and then easifill over the top its a simple little job really

You have a few options here fill with bonding leave it 2 mm short of surface then use skim or easifill, or you could use your joint filler and then easifill over the top its a simple little job really

Would bonding give a sufficient finish steve ?

If I apply just bonding and sand down what kind of finish would I get ?

not very good , if ur worried about a good finish use easifill on top of the bonding

Sponsored Links

not very good , if ur worried about a good finish use easifill on top of the bonding

Will the tape be required if I use easyfill ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back