repairing damaged floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just widened archway between lounge and dining room and where we have removed it a little of the concrete that the wall used to sit on has come away.

I was just after some advice as to how to repair this. The wall sat between one room which has quarry tiles and another that has only floorboards.
I am unsure as to what products to use as wouldn't a self levelling compound would just run down under the floorboards?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Several ways spring to mind - chip a bit more away and use a bit of timber, or a bit of wet mortar, or run a bit of tape on the edges of the boards around the perimeter of the area and use levelling compound, or chip a bit more and infill with quarry tiles on a mortar or floor adhesive bed. Depends what you're going to cover it with.

Thanks for your reply. What tape would you suggest to use use along the boards?
We would like to keep the floorboards but carpet over the quarry tiles.

Sponsored Links
Hi I lifted the carpet and underlay to lay a laminate floor and when taking the carpet grippers off the tiles they were nailed to obviously cracked. This is about a third of a tile all the way around the room and there were a couple that all broke. The tiles are about 3mm thick and they have been laid on a concrete floor with some sort of black paint on top of the concrete. The room size is about 8mx6.
What product should I use and can this be bought at a focus/b&q type store.
Thanks
Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back