repairing enclosed shower £ 650???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a small enclosed shower that was leaking into a shop downstairs. Plummer has been around and thought it was the drain pipe that was unscrewed or broken and maybe also some tiles that had the grouting cracked. The door sealant also needed changing. Ok. When he starts the job he found out there was a crack on the basin and sends me pics. (the flat is rented) In the end he has to re-do the wooden base, retile one shower wall, change the basin and the door and charges me £ 650.
This is the end result. A shower basin that is not attached to the floor and a pipe sticking out in front. We had a big argument with him saying that he was trying to save me money. He agreed to put a casing around it so that the pipe is not showing. What do you guys think of this? I feel totally ripped off and angry. I trusted this guy and I am not so sure now, so have to find another one...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back