Repairing gap in concrete drive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to repair a section of damaged concrete at the threshold to my garage. I have already cleared the broken bits back to a solid edge, see pictures below.

IMG_20170816_085406.jpg IMG_20170816_085358.jpg IMG_20170816_085350.jpg

Is there anything in particular I need to do here? I'm thinking just apply some bonding agent to the existing slab and fill with concrete, but not sure if there is any additional prep needed? The gap is narrow and muddy so difficult to get it clean and well compacted, any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
You will never get a bond to a dirty surface, you may have removed the loose bits so now chop off a bit of the edge to expose a clean surface to bond to. Opening the gap will also allow you to tidy up the base and compact it. It does look like the slab is crap anyway so the best you can then do is probably to fill the gap with a small aggregate concrete, say 10mm down. If the gap was wide enough you can use a standard ballast of around 20mm down

It will be easier if you cut the concrete parallel to the ACO Chanel, measure the widest proven bit and cut a line level with that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back