Repairing holes in solid wall with plaster covering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,
I'm stuck... I have taken the toilet cistern off the wall to repair and redecorate.... I now have 2 holes where rusted nails and wall plugs were... How can I repair and level the holes so I can fix the cistern back onto the wall securely? Note these are solid wall not plaster board.. Its an interior wall with skimmed plaster maube???? but the holes are big and there is only one position to screw em in on the cistern.. See pictures... Please help before toilet goes back on Thankyou

Attachments

• _20211217_143552.JPG
    _20211217_143552.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 88
  • _20211217_143520.JPG
    _20211217_143520.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links
And this on the same wall too to repair

Attachments

• _20211209_132305.JPG
    _20211209_132305.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 67
Also how the best to fill the void for the overflow pipe (see small angled tube to left in picture) once removed as im aware overflow pipes are a thing of the past and are built to flow back into the toilet now

ready mixed filler. no need to screw a cistern to the wall . two blobs of silicone near the screw holes left to set overnight will suffice. I never use screws these days as the quality of the cisterns is so bad. quite often when they’re pulled into the wall the lids don’t fit properly.
I’m sure someone will have other ideas though.:unsure:

Sponsored Links
ready mixed filler. no need to screw a cistern to the wall . two blobs of silicone near the screw holes left to set overnight will suffice. I never use screws these days as the quality of the cisterns is so bad. quite often when they’re pulled into the wall the lids don’t fit properly.
I’m sure someone will have other ideas though.:unsure:
Thankyou... What kind of filler..? I was going to put a mortar mix in it because it's a solid wall behind then put plaster repair over it

And this on the same wall too to repair
Hey guys how can I best repair this void under the waste pipe so it's clean, smooth and plastered over? Is it best to use, gypsum, Polly filla, mortar with lime???? (Hydrated lime, water and sand)... Please help

Sorry for all the questions.. I just want to do a good job of it.. Rather than quick fix and it ends up worse

I am going to be painting it... To finish it right

Under the waste pipe you could use expanding foam cut it back 5 mill or so and plaster over, as for the screw holes i would fill with morter or plaster with a dab of pva in each hole then do a line of silicone along the top of the cistern screw cistern to wall job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back