Plasterboard to solid wall corner join

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Re-doing the downstairs toilet, all decorated, ready to fit the toilet, but then a change of plan from the master...now a built in cistern is wanted...

I've built the half stud wall, cut the plasterboard to size, but uncertain on the best way to plaster into the corner to make a nice finish when it comes to plastering the new wall.

If the whole room was being plastered, I'd scrim tape it and plaster both walls, but the solid wall has only just been plastered in the last month and painted yesterday!

Also, any advice for finishing along the top is welcome. I'm thinking some stop bead level with the wood for a neat finish? There will be a removeable (for access if ever needed) wooden top sitting on top.

Cheers for any help!

Attachments

• 20220511_140609.jpg
    20220511_140609.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
Hi,

TBH, I wouldn't bother plastering that!
Just use a flexible filler/caulk down the edges and paint the plasterboard directly.
Simples! ;)

...it may end up being tiled anyway! :rolleyes:

It may also be worth insulating the cistern (and pipework) at this point, to help avoid any condensation issues within the enclosure?
...and make sure any isolators are easily accessible from the cover.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back